'I sit on the beach, the shifting wind and rain surround me. A few minutes later and the sun could break through proving how alive the Penwith coastline really is. Every given moment passes only once, colours are constantly evolving, but the relationship between the sea and the land is eternal. It is while directly witnessing this that I find my most honest and raw images. Each picture is finished on-site with no reworking in the studio. I almost exclusively use a white cotton bivouac for shelter, which cuts out the glare of the sun without tinting, whilst also minimising the effect of rain on my painting board. It is shown here at Porthmeor beach.'
Previous selected mixed shows
* Russell Galleries, Putney, London
* 2 Artist Show with Paul Armitage, Rainyday Gallery, Penzance
* Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw, London
* Summer Show, Collyer-Bristow Gallery, London
* 2 Artist Show with Alice Mumford, Rainyday Gallery
* Various Exhibitions, Penwith Society of Arts, St Ives (Associate Member)
* Royal Institute of Oil Painters, The Mall Galleries, London
* Focus on Four, Penhaven Gallery, St. Ives
* The Laing Art Competition, Landscape & Seascape, London
* The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea Park, London
* Manya Igel Fine Arts at The Spring Olympia Fine Art Fair; LAPADA, and Claridge?s
* Artist in Profile for Tregony Gallery
* New English Art Club Annual Open Exhibition, London
* 20th/ 21st Century British Art, Coach-House Gallery, Jersey & Manya Igel Fine Arts
* Modern British Art, St.Helier Galleries, Jersey & Manya Igel Fine Arts
* The Gallery Upstairs, Henley-in-Arden An Exhibition of Cornish Landscapes
* Show with Luke Frost and Maggie Henshall, Rainyday Gallery
* Galerie Pelar, New York, USA
* White Gallery, Hove, Brighton
* My painting tent at Porthmeor St.Ives
Born: 1974 Truro Cornwall. Lives in Penwith, Cornwall.
Studied: 1993-94 Foundation at Falmouth School of Art.
1994-97 BA in Fine Art (Painting) at Wimbledon School of Art.